Thursday, July 19, 2012

Holy Throw Pillow, Batman!

My brother Nathan is unmarried.  Translation: he has no wife to interfere with his decorating sense.  Currently, that sense is telling him to create a miniGotham for his Batman bobbleheads on his mantel.  I've been put in charge of essentially a table runner for under the wooden buildings; I'll be making the roads and curbs and whatnot.  Seeing as this is his living room, I'm butting in and doing some decorating for him in the form of a throw pillow. 
Right now it's not sewn, it's just fused waiting for me to stop reading the 100 Cupboards series.  Rereading technically.  What can I say, my husband had a business trip.  When left to myself I either quilt or read.  This time I picked read.
I went with POW as it's pretty classic.  My personal favorite, of course, has always been BIFF.  Seriously, what's not to love about BIFF?  It's a bit dorky, just the way I like 'em.  I think for authenticity purposes the POW ought to have an exclamation mark.  Oh well.
Also, I haven't actually told my bro-dawg that I'm vicariously decorating, so I suppose we are back to Don't Tell Nathan Lindsey status.  I think it's level Orange.

3 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Hilarious!! BIFF was always my favourite too!

Audrie said...

Is that the shape of the pillow or will it be on a square or rectangle? I think he will LOVE it.

Susana Neiger said...

Awesome. It's always fun to be able to make a "custom" item like that, especially for guys who wouldn't want flowery quilty stuff. (Hence my occasional sports-fan quilt.) Also reminds me, somehow, of another blogger's recent quilt along - Mario & Luigi, for her favorite Nintendo fan ... http://sohappytosew.blogspot.com/