Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Someday

I'm intrigued by the idea of making a doll house quilt.  I had a blanket dollhouse that is now Lily's.  It's a panel with the dollhouse printed on it.  I really want to make a quilt with a house.  I figure the walls, floors, and baseboards can be pieced and the furniture and whatnot appliqued on.  I like the idea of being able to put lots of little details in each room.  I think it would be fun to make it match the actual decor in someone's house.
Right now this is on my board with my other quilt ideas.  Someday I will make one of these.  Maybe all the pregnant people I know will have girls and I'll get to make one soon...

1 comment:

Amber Goodman said...

Very cute idea. It made me think of this tutorial I saw http://fredashive.blogspot.com/2009/01/doll-house-potholder-tutorial.html Thought it would be a good way for me to use up scraps to make something useful.

Your quilt would be way more detailed and awesome.